News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Mirror Function

Started by texroadkil, October 17, 2001, 01:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

texroadkil

Since 95% of the bridges are symmetrical it would be nice to be able to mirror the bridge across the center line so you dont have to build everything twice.

Andy24

I don't know if we enjoy editing them but we may enjoy the interesting collapses they cause.

pasqualz

True, but somehow (like the easy arch builder idea) I think it would ultimately take away from the game. I must sound like a purist, but that's not my aim here. I just feel that part of the challenge, fun and art of Pontifex is building your bridge completely from scratch!
"Call Mr. Plow That's my name, That name again is Mr. Plow" - Homer (Mr. Plow) Simpson

pulsejet5

good idea,
mabey there could be an option for "fix symmetry after test" so you could see your mistake and then it would automaticly fix it and retest

pulsejet5

true, but it could be an opional button like symmatry so if you want to spend you time with needles clicking you can.

Or alternatively, duplicate your "error" on the other side. How would it be supposed to tell the difference?

Andy24

I agree with pasqualez. The fact that you may mess up  makes the game more interesting.

Andy24

Pulsejte 5 I tried to point that out to you but you wouldn't listen

pulsejet5

yeah but it would be optional so if you like getting kicks out of careless erors, you can

baggio

Yeah pj, what were you thinking. :rolleyes:

OK, Yes, on some levels it is tedious to try and mirror the level.  I try to use that to my advantage though, and will often intentionally build two different designs to see what holds up the best.

... Anyway, mendel and I just finished a couple hour long discussion about gravity and I will have to finish this thought later.

beaujob: I wouldn't mind doing kung-fu in the shadow of a bridge that I built while death and a clown get it on in the bathtub next door, but that's a long ways off.

Andy24

I think that the errors are a backround element that people enjoy unconsciosly.

phlabibit

I would use mirror.  Every Time!  I don't get a lot of time to play, so If I can mirror that allows me to make a nice bridge without panning back and counting grid marks.

mendel

New poll idea for Gray:
"Do you enjoy editing errors (such as getting the symmetry of your bridge wrong)?
o Yes
o No
o I think I don't, but subconsciously I might
o if I didn't make them, my bridges would never collapse"

(Edited by mendel at 12:54 am on Nov. 2, 2001)

nelson

I'm all for a mirroring function. I don't enjoy editing
out errors and since I run the game in Linux with wine,
which is wuite slow on large bridges, I would really like
to spend the time I need to build the second side to find
flaws in my concept, not in my copying.