Previous topic - Next topic

JohnK

Right now the forums are set up as:
0 - newbie
50 - junior member
100 - member
>100 - who knows??

JohnK

I know I posted a similar topic in the Misc. section, but I don't think anybody reads the posts in there. I was wondering what you guys (or gals) would think of having different titles for the forum based on your number of posts. My suggestions for new titles were:

0 posts - neophyte (it means beginner)
25 - Recruit
50 - Fellow
75 - Autodidact (well knowledged self taught person)
100 - Prodigy
150 - Mastermind
200 - Pontifex Minumus
300 - Pontifex
Pontifex Maximus would be reserved for winners of contests.

But those are suggestions at best. What are your thoughts on this?

Calastigro

A person can post a lot and know nothing, you realize.  the titles should be about the tremendous time that person spends on pontifex... up to 'Has no personal life' ; )

mendel

kvinge, your posts are such that the "member" title is well deserved, IMO.
Did it take the full 100 to promote from newbie???
BB forum promotes you much earlier...

mendel

Once Chronic get around to putting a records table up, basing forum titles on that might be an option :-)

Actually, basing it on anything that has value for the community is probably a good idea.

VRBones

200 - Pontifex Minumus
Eeheheheh - scho schmall ;)

JohnK

I only suggested number of posts because it is coded into the forum software. This would seem to be the easiest to do to me. However, I agree that someone could post a lot and know very little (Exhibit A, yours truly :biggrin:). My only inspiration for this idea came from Grey's message board on bridgebuilder-game.com. His titles go mostly by number of posts too.

baggio

I like the Idea of custom titles, but I usually don't post enough to go beyond the most introductory ones.  A year and some 55 posts later I'm only a Newbie Cheeze on the [H]ard|Forums.  Surprising considering how much time I spend there reading.
beaujob: I wouldn't mind doing kung-fu in the shadow of a bridge that I built while death and a clown get it on in the bathtub next door, but that's a long ways off.