News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Crane builder

Started by carlosius, April 10, 2002, 04:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orealis

or.. imagine.. the horror.. of using PEOPLE to build the bridge..
Q-tips violent crimes isnt the only thing on the rise...

carlosius

Thinking about the skyscraper idea (which is cool) I thought making cranes could be fun too.  The test for a crane would be to lift a load of a certain weight and move it some distance.

The new elements CL would have to come up with would be winches.  You'd probably need at least 2, one to winch the load and one to move the boom(s).  

Hmm, to do a tower crane you'd probably also need rolling anchors (to hold a winch and roll along the boom to move the load laterally).  Of course that could work on the base of a normal crane too.

The test might not be automatic though, you might have to click up/down buttons for each winch to control it.  If that could be recorded, it could still work for contests.

Given the excellent dynamic engine they have, they could probably pull this off!

Think of the fun of having to lift a heavy load and move it over some high obstacle and let it down!  Yes, I am a geek.

pasqualz

I like it! It's sort of like the skyscraper builder idea, but seems to offer more of a challenge due to the moving a weight over a certain distance and/or height" idea."
"Call Mr. Plow That's my name, That name again is Mr. Plow" - Homer (Mr. Plow) Simpson

How about using a crane to build a bridge?