News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Demolition game

Started by Rickboy, October 15, 2001, 10:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickboy

How about a game where you are given the task of demolishing certain structures? These could include bridges, buildings, etc.

You could allow people to select which method they want to use....implosion, wrecking ball, etc.

If they chose wrecking ball you could let them swing away until the building was wrecked. If they chose implosion, you could let them set the charges, set the timers and watch it blow up....er I mean, implode.

cfh7

I like this idea!  It would be great if there was a challenge to it. like charges do a lot of damage but are expensive, and a wrecking ball hit is cheap with less damage.  You could use a combination of these and other ways to try and bring it down with the least cost.  

You could also have a safty factor.  Like a playground across the street.  That way the person has to think about the way it will fall during demolition.

I would pay for this game.  Good thinking!

Chris Hamilton.

Volmarias

There is a game like this, and its included with Pontiflex.

Its called God mode ;)

panther

Got to correct you on that one, just in case it's misleading to newbies. God mode is not a 'game' in it's own right. It is a function unlocked after completion of levels......although it's not the same as what is being suggested (if it sounds a bit cryptic, it's because I don't want to spoil it if you are a newbie!)

I agree that a total conversion where financial and safety constraints were implemented, would be an excellent idea.

Attaching explosives to correct part of the structure and detonating them in correct sequence, wind factor etc.... all sounds like great fun. http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

-=// He who hesitates - probably isn't sure that there are no broken links \\=-

Klei

Sounds very much like "Blast Corps", in which you have to destroy buildings and clear a path for the A-bomb carrying truck to come!

Brinx

I must say I also _really_ like this idea. It'd be like the opposite of bridge builder / pfx / any construction game. Such a game could use lots of novel objectives (basically just a recap of other things suggested with some own ideas):

-Do as little damage as possible to surrounding structures
-Make the structure fall down in a certain direction
-demolish this-and-that building using as little as possible explosives
-Demolish this-and-that part of the structure while leaving the rest undamaged (should make for interesting dynamic solutions)
-Use of "old-fashioned" demolition methods (ball, caterpillar, battering ram)
-Demolition of structures other than buildings (bridges spring to mind, elevated highways/intersections)

Lots of things to play around with in such a game....:)