News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

CL: You Guys Need a New Logo...

Started by Proj2501, October 21, 2001, 11:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proj2501

Really, not having a go, but that CL logo is awful!

If you want, I could do something a lot better in my spare time (that isnt spent playing Pontifex, of course)...

Ahem, and while im having a go, the site design isnt exactly... umm... "pretty".

Anyone Agree?

(Well done on the game tho...)

"What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror... soon we shall see, face to face."

moonjunio

hello faithful pontifex constituents...for my virgin post, i will defend the honor of the art i did for CL ;)

i'm ben's wife, and since i am an arty person, naturally they hit me up for some freebie graphics. imagine their desperation in the 11th hour...they didn't even have a model for the train the weekend before release.

guru-like, i shall explain the mystery of their logo: yes, it is a pizza-faced dude. the red line in the middle makes a "CL" and also sortof an eye and nose. it won approval because alex's favorite food is pepperoni pizza, since before anyone can remember.
my favorite contender was actually 'brain-thing,' which was an anthropomorphic brain with a vertebrae tail and crazy eyes on stalks. it was so cute. believe me...

as for the site, all i did was the background and colors...i just thought they needed to get away from black and green for once :-D

anyway, as i'm sure you all know, they are all about simple graphics...so there. ;P

my favorite contender was actually 'brain-thing,' which was an anthropomorphic brain with a vertebrae tail and crazy eyes on stalks. it was so cute. believe me..

I saw an old B-movie like that once.. the monsters were just like that, and they wiggled around on their spinal columns. Funniest #### thing I ever saw! :-D

I don't think there's anything wrong with either of em. I do think the actual game icon could be a bit more interesting though...but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it :-)

pasqualz

Like Pontifex and Chronic Logic, this website and the logo are unassuming, that is, until you delve deeper and realize what precious treasure they harbor!
"Call Mr. Plow That's my name, That name again is Mr. Plow" - Homer (Mr. Plow) Simpson

Proj2501

Quote: from pasqualz on 9:11 pm on Oct. 22, 2001
...unassuming, that is, until you delve deeper and realize what precious treasure they harbor!

* Proj stares at the CL logo for 3 hours.

Ummm, nope. Looks kinda like a face, tho rather than the pizza slice I thought it was originally...

"What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror... soon we shall see, face to face."

mendel

Completely made up piece of CL trivia: (truth content 0.01%)
Alex and Ben couldn't decide which color to use for the writing. While Alex preferres red, Ben liked orange better. As a compromise, the current gradient fill was agreed upon.

Additional trivia:
If you stare at the logo, fixing each gradient fill center with your corresponding eye, the hypnotic effect will actually improve your Pontifex bridge building skills. Caution: Switching eyes (cross-eyed stare) reverses the effect and will, after lengthy use, reduce your skills to a point where your bridges break on easy with 3 cars!

[ugh, I think the colors suck - but tastes differ :-)]

JohnK

Quote: from pasqualz on 3:11 pm on Oct. 22, 2001
Like Pontifex and Chronic Logic, this website and the logo are unassuming, that is, until you delve deeper and realize what precious treasure they harbor!

Mmmmmmmm....... precious treasure.

baggio

Quote: from Proj2501 on 5:32 pm on Oct. 23, 2001

* Proj stares at the CL logo for 3 hours.

Ummm, nope. Looks kinda like a face, tho rather than the pizza slice I thought it was originally...
Didn't they call it the pizza dude somewhere?

beaujob: I wouldn't mind doing kung-fu in the shadow of a bridge that I built while death and a clown get it on in the bathtub next door, but that's a long ways off.

Andy24

what they really need is a new icon. the gray arch gets pretty boring

no offence but it would be cool if it was colorful or something.