News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Lighting

Started by , October 28, 2001, 03:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I was trying to take a screenshot and then use a photo editor to insert some eyecandy when I noticed that the vertical beams were all one solid color. at first I thought that mabey lighting was turned off. but it wasn't so I checked all the settings and after a while I realixed that it was happening because the lighting was coming from directly overhead. if it is possible it would be nice if lighting could be moved down to about 45 degrees.

Just out of question is this practical as far as programming or would it require a lot of work. I realize that the game is not designed so that people are amazed by the graphics but rather so that they can have fun using a great physics engine. but if an easy fix for this problemn is available it would be nice.

baggio

Quote: from Pulsejet5 on 10:15 pm on Oct. 27, 2001
I was trying to take a screenshot and then use a photo editor to insert some eyecandy when I noticed that the vertical beams were all one solid color. at first I thought that mabey lighting was turned off. but it wasn't so I checked all the settings and after a while I realixed that it was happening because the lighting was coming from directly overhead. if it is possible it would be nice if lighting could be moved down to about 45 degrees.

Just out of question is this practical as far as programming or would it require a lot of work. I realize that the game is not designed so that people are amazed by the graphics but rather so that they can have fun using a great physics engine. but if an easy fix for this problemn is available it would be nice.Does moving the sun not fix the problem? Or is it a problem with only the screen capture?

beaujob: I wouldn't mind doing kung-fu in the shadow of a bridge that I built while death and a clown get it on in the bathtub next door, but that's a long ways off.

Moving the sun does not work