Pontifex II pre-order doesn't run

Started by arjen, September 26, 2002, 08:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

street

try updating your sound-card drivers also. I had mysterious problems with Pontifex One when it was released... and all was well after getting the latest sound drivers... hope this helps http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>
Street

arjen

Hi all,
I've downloaded and installed the pre-order version. When I start the program I get an empty window-frame for about half a second and my cursor jumps to the top-left corner of my screen. That's all it does.
I already tried downloading it again, to no avail.
After attempting to run the program I found the file STDERR.TXT in the Pontifex folder. It reads:
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
I'm running Windows XP SP1.
What's wrong?
Arjen

chroniclogic

arjen, did you have any luck getting it running on your computer? You can trying turning your sound off in the hardware configuration and see if that helps, also make sure you have upto date OpenGL drivers, please let me know if you fix your problem or not.

Thanks,

Josiah

tommy

I'm runnig the same os, what about video? Drivers up to date, and what graphics card U got?

arjen

Yes, it's running now. Downloading a video driver from nVidia (not Asus) fixed it. Currently running detonator 30.82.
Thanks for assisting.
Arjen

arjen

Video: ASUS 8170DDR (Geforce 4 MX 440)
Driver version 2.9.4.2 (nVidia)
Other graphics-intensive software doesn't give me any problems....

Arby

The nvidia detonator drivers are up to 40.31, I believe.