News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Any luck with Wine?

Started by robt, October 03, 2002, 11:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robt

Seems to be an issue with SDL grabbing the mouse. I tried a few other Win32/SDL games adn they all seemed to have various issues. So I s'pose I should tell the wine guys about it, but pfft. I can wait for the Linux PontifexII. I can. Honest. Do you need a tester? 8-)

robt

I've been fiddling around with wine, trying to get it to play PFX2 under 2.4.19.. PFX1 runs like a dream, as smooth as silk and a pleasure to play... But PFX2 (and, for that matter, triptych) seem to 'lock up' a section (640x480) in the  middle of the screen.. I can move windows around, but that section of the screen is frozen in place until I ^C wine.

FYI, it's a mandrake9 box (with freshly recompiled DRI/X/Kernel), athlon 1.6G (2000+) Radeon 8500..

--Rob

chroniclogic

Not sure if we will need any more linux testers, but if we do I will let you know.

Thanks,

Josiah

chroniclogic

There is a Linux version of Triptych http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>  In case you didnt know, I know one report of someone running Pontifex II in wine with out any problems, but that is all I have heard.

Josiah

robt

Oh yes, so there is. *blush* But I was playing with Wine last night upgrading it to the latest versions to match Mandrake 9 etc..
I -did- manage to get it to work, eventually. Turned out I was just being impatient, there is a -very- long (eg, about 1 minute) startup time!
It did work, but for some reason didn't seem to grab the mouse properly, and I still had my X-win cursor in the middle of the screen, which was bouncing around in a strange manner, as though it was getting every second mouse event or something like that. Odd. Pontifex I works properly, in that the X-win cursor vanishes, leaving me with the pontifex 'X' cursor.
I'm going to have to download the triptych linux version now 8-)

--Rob