News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Just finished Gish

Started by nemesis_256, August 05, 2004, 01:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemesis_256

Yesterday I tried the demo (on OSX) and after playing it for 15 mins decided to buy the full version.  It's a great game!  Now I finished it just tonight and I have some questions.

Has anyone found the 3rd arcade secret level and the second warp zone?  I didn't see anything about these 2 in the forums.  Any other cool secrets or "weird things" I don't know about?

At the end of the secret mario level, if you jump over the pipe climb up and go over the bricks you end up at 3 pipes, just like in mario.  Is there anything to do here?

I read that you can get the final boss stuck over the pit where you make her fall.  How do you do that?

How do you get the alternate ending? i got the one where I saved her and we got married

At those U's in 5-3, what's the best way to do it?  I got heavy while dropping and got slippery when i got to the bottom, but I got hurt often while doing this because I got flattened too much.

What are the differences between the 3 difficulty levels?  Harder physics? Tougher AI?

Jacius

WARNING: SPOILERS GALORE!

Quote (nemesis_256 @ Aug. 04 2004,6:40)
I read that you can get the final boss stuck over the pit where you make her fall.  How do you do that?

Go to the pit (should be closed), and Hera will follow you. Once she has fallen into the little dip (which will open when you activate the button), stand just to the left of the dip. Hera will try to follow you, but will not have enough momentum to carry her over the small ledge (at least, it will take her a long time to get up). You might also try positioning the blocks to make an even higher wall for her to have to get over.

How do you get the alternate ending? i got the one where I saved her and we got married

The other ending is when you don't save Brea... http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':;):'>

At those U's in 5-3, what's the best way to do it?  I got heavy while dropping and got slippery when i got to the bottom, but I got hurt often while doing this because I got flattened too much.

I recommend leaving on heavy and slippery until you are around the bend and moving straight upwards, and then take off heavy. Being heavy will stop you from being flattened.

What are the differences between the 3 difficulty levels?  Harder physics? Tougher AI?

On Easy, if you run out of lives you will start over on the same level. On Normal, you will start on the first level of the world you were in. On Hard, you have to start over from the very beginning.

-Jacius

Matt

Quote (nemesis_256 @ Aug. 04 2004,1:40)
Has anyone found the 3rd arcade secret level?

For the 3rd arcade level, go to level 4-4 and there is a large lava pit near the start of the level. There is an area under the first ledge near the lava pit that leads to the arcade level. This pic should help show you where to go...

http://img61.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img61&image=gishscreen.jpg" target="_blank">http://img61.exs.cx/img61/9581/gishscreen.th.jpg" border="0">

At the end of the secret mario level, if you jump over the pipe climb up and go over the bricks you end up at 3 pipes, just like in mario.  Is there anything to do here?
No, besides going down the pipes. The first pipe goes to 4-1, the second goes to 3-1, and the third goes to 2-1.

nemesis_256

oh so it is a warp zone.

Once you finish the game, is there some kind of level select option?  What does my yellow name mean?

nemesis_256

has anyone found the way to get to the second death level?  And if you renamed the death2.lvl to playroom.lvl instead, how do you get out of the room you start in?  I did manage to break one of the blocks on the bottom somehow, but couldn't do much otherwise

budgiedood

You complete the FIRST death level, cheater!