News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

5-5 HELP!

Started by gjertsen, September 21, 2004, 05:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan_NL

Okay: inertia

(you don't need to pm me, I can read this http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':;):'>)
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

gjertsen

I just blew seven or eight balls of tar trying to figure out how to defeat the BOSSes on 5-5 -- Two big fat "nuns" whose bodies spew forth little snappy guys. There are obviously two buttons in the relatively safe elevated area, but I've not seemed to be able to hold them down. At first I thought maybe the snappy guys need to get up there and hold them down for me, but the few occasions when one of them jumped up there, he pulverized on impact.

I'm missing the basic strategy here... there doesn't seem to be any obvious exit or way to kill the BOSSes....

gjertsen

Okay, not sure what "inertia" has to do with it, but eventually I discovered that a high enough bounce landing heavy on the buttons would indeed take some effect...

...and after advancing to the dramatic finale, I managed to let Brea fall into a pit of lava, and unfortunately I have to start all the way over at the beginning to have a shot at a happier ending... :(

Jonathan_NL

Find out what those buttons do, and see what you can do with that.
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

Jonathan_NL

Well, OK, momentum (which depends on inertia - I meant like you have inertia, use it) is better, but if I said that you wouldn't have any fun.

gjertsen

Yeah, I figured the buttons have something to do with it; but they don't seem to do anything... I've sat on them, both heavy and not heavy, and I'm not seeing any effect.... a little more of a hint, please?