News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Unable to squeeze through small holes?

Started by StarManta, August 28, 2004, 05:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan_NL

There even is a double secret, where you create such a hole where it is not if you don't get it (got it? http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':laugh:'>).
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

StarManta

I'm not sure if this is a bug in Gish's physics, or if I'm missing a different path I should be taking or not solving a puzzle.
In level 4-5, there is one part that seems to require squeezing through a one-block-wide hole, much like in many other parts of the game. (This part is just after the boulder destroys the wall.) However, unlike most of those, the corners are square instead of 45 degrees. Becoming slippery helps none in getting through this hole, and I can't find any alternate paths.
Can someone give me a tip, or (assuming it's not a bug) point me in the right direction?

nemesis_256

OMG yes that's a pain in the ass.  I don't know if there's a special trick but I just keep on moving left and right until I get more inside the crack

StarManta

*whew*, That worked... Past that level now.

For future reference, Gish creator(s), that was *really* annoying, and if I had died after squeezing through there, someone was gonna get hurt. ;)

nemesis_256

but that's not the only place in the tomb levels where you have that problem

weeble

The easy way to do that bit is to climb up the ramp before the rock starts rolling, go heavy and smash through the wall. Now get into the hole and go slippery. With some luck the rock will push you down the hole without need of endless rocking back and forth. Unfortunately if you're unlucky it might squash you dead. Still, it seems to work a fair amount of the time.

Kheldar

I find if you jump, and go slick just before you hit the hole, it pushes you down enough that you don't have to do that much wiggling before you're in. It's a lot easier with Mini-Gish, though. :)

johnny

i think you're supposed to get ahead of the boulder and then let it roll over you, pushing you down into the hole.

at least that's how i did it....