News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Gish 1.3 still buggy

Started by goo, December 14, 2004, 03:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goo

Well, I just tried out version 1.3 and the problem with the white rectangles is much worse. What's going on? (OSX iBook G4)

Jonathan_NL

You need to merge the files from 1.2 with 1.3. You probably haven't copied the files from animation.
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

Jonathan_NL

1.3 waits forever on "complete" at the end of the level. I can continue with escape, but should it happen?
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

When you install the patch on OSX you have to copy the files from the animation folder in the .dmg to the animation folder in your gish folder.  If you copy the whole animation folder it will over write the existing folder and erase all the files.  Not sure about the ending for level 1.3 let me check.

Jonathan_NL

VERSION 1.3

Edit: Wait... It was because I duplicated the old version and then copied the new files to it (just in case...), but I accidently didn't put the sound folder in.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Ok so its working now?  Like I said if you use the OSX patch you just have to copy all the animation files into the current animation folder, everything else can overwrite.  If you know a better way to do a patch for OSX please let me know.

Jonathan_NL

A better way that just came up in my mind would be an Applescript. They're very easy to write. You can ask the user via the GUI in an "open" dialog for the Gish copy to update, do a basic "is this a copy of Gish" check and then use the shell (which is accessible from AS) for copying the files. Applescripts are not very fast, but certainly fast enough to do this. I'll try to write one...

Edit: in ASs you use pre-OS X-style paths... so we need conversion, recursing via the AS (not recommended for many files - slow), or another way.