News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

10/15/2004

Started by Chronic Logic - Josiah, October 15, 2004, 10:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chronic Logic - Josiah

The forum seems to be having problems losing members.  After looking around a bit on the IkonBoard support area it seems that the database for the IkonBoard start to lose data once they get a fair amount of members.  This only happens with the DBM databases and not the SQL (the forum currently uses DBM).  If anyone is familiar with the IkonBoards and the problems with them and is interested in helping fix the board please let me know at mailto:josiah@chroniclogic.com">josiah@chroniclogic.com

Jonathan_NL

It would also be nice if someone familiar with Ikonboard could allow PNG. If you can move the whole database over, you can also do that.
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

SUparJErk

Jonathan_NL

I don't really know them serverside, but I prefer Ikonboard above phpBB clientside, and it seems faster (not that anything will ever run fast on pontifex2.com!). Both output crappy HTML.
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

I have updated the forum to Ikonboard 3.1.2a, hopefully this will help with the recent issues.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

After a lot of trouble I have managed changed the database used to mysql, this should fix the problems some users are experiencing.  The board seems a bit faster also, please let me know if anyone notices anything wrong.

Jonathan_NL

It now comes closer to very detailed custom scenery (including people) at the highest texture res in my flight sim (resulting in 400 MB of 64 MB VRAM in use, no typo) on my laptop with mostly no LOD and max visibility, but it is still far from being competitive. My laptop is still many many many times faster at that (I consider one page loaded to be equal to one frame rendered (which is two simulation ticks in that sim)).

Anyway, the trouble I had (according to iB I wasn't in the database) is gone.