News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

creating lights?

Started by rammerizkool, October 14, 2004, 07:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan_NL

You can best use anchor points (8) for static lights. Circles and enemies don't cast shadows. Only blocks do.
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

rammerizkool

yeah i know im supposed to go into the object editor, and i can, but how do i actually make the lights?  it never works for me.  whats a regular intensity and blue value?  how do i put textures on stuff in the object editor?  the [ ] keys dont do anything....
Friendship is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

Jonathan_NL

For usable lights you can use any object that doesn't cast a shadow. Object textures aren't needed. gisheditor.txt explains the values:
Ltype 1 = omni light
Ltype 2 = light off
Ltype 3 = flickering omni light
Red, Green, Blue = Change light color
Intensity = Change light Intensity
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

rammerizkool

well im looking for like a static light...i got one on gish, but im assuming thats because it was on something.  how do i create things that dont cast shadows, though?
Friendship is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.