News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

retarded ropes, lol

Started by rammerizkool, October 15, 2004, 03:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rammerizkool

i created a new level and tried the rope thing.  it worked!  but how come it doesnt work in my other level?   http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt='???'>
Friendship is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

rammerizkool

i created a platform held over lava by two ropes, except the ropes are also on gish and he cant move because of it!  these ropes are really annoying...can anyone help plz?  thx

oh, and they also go all over hte place and pretty much ignore where i put it, too.  its really annoying.
Friendship is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

Jonathan_NL

If you still have the level (and it keeps happening, even after reloading) it is best to send it to Chronic Logic. Then they can look at it.
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

Jonathan_NL

I can't see what's wrong with ropes... I just created a platform, an anchor point, connected them with ropes and it just worked. Can you be more specific about what you're doing?
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

rammerizkool

ok,  i have a block, object #2, connected by 2 ropes to two anchor points, #8.  when i refresh, the ropes arent connected to the block.  they are still at the anchor points, but instead they are connected to gish, or just anywhere.  i dunno.  they just dont work for me.  maybe its a bug thatll go away in the morning or something.

rammerizkool

thats exactly what i did.  it still doesnt work.  i have two platforms, one anchor point each, i connected both of them the exact way you showed in the video, its not working for me.  the ropes for the left platform actually switch over to the right platform (but in the right formation), and the rope(!) in the left connects from the top left corner of the platform over to gish!  i know exactly how to do ropes, but there might be a missing file or a bug or something thats keeping me from putting the ropes in right, except when i do it in other levels, it works perfect for me.  what the hell is wrong with this?!

Jonathan_NL

I really don't know what you're doing, but if you just create your objects, go to the rope editor, click on an anchor point, then on the block (while holding 1-9, it defaults to 1), and repeat for the other side everything works right.

rammerizkool

thats what i do, but it never works!  the ropes just connect anywhere randomly, usually onto gish!  whats not to explain!?

Jonathan_NL

I made a http://home.filternet.nl/~eo000199/jonathan/gish/ropes.mov" target="_blank">movie of how it should work (if you think the cursor movement is strange: I used the trackpad and the video capture software 'locks' the screen until the next frame. Watching that is OK, but precisely controlling a cursor at 25 fps and delayed by 1/25th second is hard!).

Connor

Okay, I think I can guess what happened. Only numbers 1 and 2 are ropes. The others are different.
Oh, boy. Did the squirrels get him? It was the squirrels, wasn't it?
-Anonymous