News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Editing existing levels?

Started by thomasareed, October 18, 2004, 07:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasareed

I hate level 3-5.  With a passion.  The section with the two sliding blocks that travel through a tunnel studded with spikes is the bane of my existence.  It's no fun whatsoever, causes me huge amounts of frustration and IMHO detracts from an otherwise fun game.

So, I tried editing it to remove some of the spikes.  It worked... sort of.  The problem is that the colors on that level went wonky when I played it afterwards.  It was playable, but quite ugly.  Anyone know what the trick is to edit an existing level without destroying it?  (I tried saving over the level, and when that didn't work, restored the original level, re-edited and saved to a new file, which I then replaced the original with.  Neither worked.)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Jonathan_NL

That happens with the Mac version after re-saving (F9 then F7). Do that again and the normal textures should be back.
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

rammerizkool

thats what happened to this AWESOME level of mine!  i wouldnt REALLY mind.....wait...yes i would, but anyway, the triangle tiles are just regular blocks so you cant slide down diagonally, and also, as for lvl 3-5, it was somewhat easy for me.  what you do is once you get on the first block, just keep presing UP every once and a while to keep you from falling, and as it comes to a stop, climb on top, then quickly onto the other side, wait for it to go back and then back to that spot again and jump off the block your on to the other one.  yeah.
Friendship is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.