News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Gish Editor

Started by c-b, October 05, 2004, 10:02:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it possible to make messages appear, just like in the first level? Or are those hard-coded too..?

budgiedood

I'm sorry about making so many replies, but shall we send eachother our games? I guess email is the only way, so if any of you have made any good ones, please send them to me-
mailto:Olivergarland@f2s.com">Olivergarland@f2s.com

Thanks
Oli

P.S. I've got a good dragster level for anyone who wants it.

Well, I've made one cool level...
It's kinda a game, there's this bridge, and you have to make as much ropes break without breaking the whole bridge http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':p'>
It's pretty fun, I forgot to save it though http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':('>
Oh well, it's not that hard to make it again.

Jonathan_NL

You can load backup.lvl then, but yes, it's annoying. Restarting the level instead would be better. Would be nice for collection too...

- How about a strength/mass ratio for objects?
- Density checks should try to find how much of an object is in a dense block, instead of just corners (if I observed that right). There aren't many objects in water after all, so it can't really degrade performance.
- About the char issue with objects: using a short indicating the number of objects and chars or shorts in objects depending on that number would be better than what I said a post ago.
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

Jonathan_NL

- I'd like numbers at lines in the 'T'ileset thingy.
- On Mac laptop keyboards you need to type fn-backspace to get delete. Guess what I want...
- Let a 16x16 table with the tileset (should be clickable) pop up when you hold some key.
- Make a higher resolution let you see more of the level.
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

cameleon

Quote (budgiedood @ Oct. 11 2004,3:12)
Has anyone else been annoyed when you test out a level and die, which makes it exit the editor? Especially when you haven't saved

They thought of that: If you die (or quit the editor) and haven't saved your level, start the editor again, and load 'backup.lvl' (I think, I don't have the documentation in front of me). That should give you back your level. I guess if you edit the new level first, it gets overwritten, so don't do that...

On preview: what Jonathan said.

Yodzilla

Maybe I'm just slow, but after unzipping the editor package into my Gish directory, if I click on the GishEd executable, it just opens the normal Gish game.  What the heck am I doing wrong?

Jonathan_NL

- Mouse map coordinates aren't scaled to zoom.
- Thanks to the editor I got a negative score. If only the sign would be displayed...
- I want more control over pistons, like muscles in the http://www.sodaplay.com/" target="_blank">Sodaconstructor.
- If you are ever going to implement scripting, take a look at Java.

Jonathan_NL

Make sure the object is selected, and you should be able to change textures with [ and ]. ] is one key down and to the left from the top right on an US keyboard.

2004-10-14T17:08 Edit: The next page is empty! I think they (Alex/Josiah) haven't seen it yet. See strange forum in miscellaneous. If you post now we'll need another 14 (15-1) posts to get this again.

Same edit: @viljettv: Strange.

Jonathan_NL

Why do you think that text file is included? Read it.

DonutGuyX

Replays of custom maps don't save!

Also, I can't figure out how to correctly adjust the alpha of tiles with complex shapes, like the lava-wave tiles. Changing the alpha (with 'a') of things like lava or water also removes the transparency, which I would prefer didn't happen.

viljettv

the object is selected, ie. it is green. but nothing happens if i press ']'.

i've also tried to send the keypress event via the window manager
and i borrowed an us keyboard from a friend, but no success.

the object seems to exist, because gish can climb on it, but it is invisible.

Yodzilla

Oh, I got as far as  the player select screen thinking that was the "player menu".  Sorry  about that.

Jonathan_NL

Quote (DonutGuyX @ Oct. 13 2004,2:16)
Replays of custom maps don't save!

Of course they don't; the current replay format doesn't support them. I think they already noticed this.

Keatonian

Edit: Oops, answered my own question.