News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Gish Editor

Started by c-b, October 05, 2004, 10:02:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan_NL

IMPORTANT: Some kind of endian trouble with alpha masks on the Mac!
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

ok, i extracted all the winzip files for the gish editor into my gish folder, but whn i click on it, it says (and i quote) "This application has failed to start because SDL.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

do i have to re-download yhe editor?  how come it did this in the first place?  i do NOT want to read 100 something text files, espeically tga (I have photoshop ><).

Trog Dor

Quote (Jonathan_NL @ Oct. 05 2004,12:46)
Don't try this at home!

- Add an anchor
- Add a 1x1 block 4 tiles below the anchor
- Connect a push piston from the anchor to the top left anchor of the block
- Connect a pull piston from the anchor to the top right anchor of the block
- Set the mass of the block to 10
- Add an area switch 4 left and 3 down from the block
- Link it from the anchor
- Set the anchor RGB to 1,100,2
- Make the anchor a flickering omni light (because of "NOTE: Anchors with pistons shouldnt be used as lights." in gisheditor.txt)

JONATHAN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO TARBALLS, WHICH INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, TARBALLS BEING HEAVY.

I can't get this to work.

Jonathan_NL

Quote (rammerizkool @ Oct. 13 2004,10:55)
ok, i extracted all the winzip files for the gish editor into my gish folder, but whn i click on it, it says (and i quote) "This application has failed to start because SDL.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

Make sure Gished and the tilesets are directly in the Gish folder, not in a subfolder (like the one it came in).

do i have to re-download yhe editor?  how come it did this in the first place?  i do NOT want to read 100 something text files, espeically tga (I have photoshop ><).
The tgas are just the textures.
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

rammerizkool

yeah, the gished is right under the Gish file, yeah, the actual file...i kinda realized the tgas were textures a bit after i posted.  but hte gish demo (which i kept after i installed Gish for some reason) had SDL.dll and when it ried copying and pasting it into the gish folder, it opened but didnt really do anthing.  the gish folder doesnt have that dll!  WHAT DO I DO!!?!?! AAAAH!  yoink.
Friendship is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

rammerizkool

oh wait, i misread your post.  so i put all of the texture files like in the gish folder?  the problem is, most of htem have hte same name, what do i do about that?
Friendship is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Notice
The level editor is now included in Gish version 1.3.  Download the full version or the patch to get the level editor:

http://www.chroniclogic.com/index.htm?gishpatch.htm" target="_blank">http://www.chroniclogic.com/index.htm?gishpatch.htm

Post any support issues you have here.  The file gisheditor.txt has instructions for the editor.

Jonathan_NL

Gished.app/Contents/MacOS/Gish isn't executable by default. Maybe you should package it in a dmg?

Chronic Logic - Josiah

We will do that before the public release.

Jonathan_NL

If you can't get it to work:
- Open the Terminal
- Type chmod +x and a space (no enter yet)
- Drag&drop Gished.app on the window
- Complete the path: Gished.app/Contents/MacOS/Gish
- Enter
- Enjoy!

Jonathan_NL

- When you click exit in e.g. the tile editor you also 'click' on the tile you are then on with the cursor. Workaround: esc
- Every two times I reload (F9-F7) the level some tile textures (including the alpha channel) are garbage. Am I the only one having this problem?
- ROFL! (tried negative mass)
- Did you know you can zoom in/out with -/+? (CL: can't scrolling speed be proportional to that? And how about several zoom levels, ranging from the whole level to a few tiles?)
- Maybe some gisheditor.txt-like text (only the relevant part) could be shown if you hold down H?
- Q:How do you get the slowest level in the world? A:Add 20 circles and connect them to each other.
- If you want to go to the start quickly, go to sim (F1), press F5, and immediately go to the editor again (F1).
- Crashes at 5.0 drag...
- Those pistons are strangely fun!
- Try asynchronous pistons!
- Annoying: you can click on (not through) a 0% opaque part of the 'palette'.
- Why are there three textures for bars/pistons which all look the same?
- Fast scroll would be handy.
- ... and a "center on this tile" key.
- Is it just me or did extra lives become tiles with a border?
- Depending on their mass objects are underwater or not, but there's nothing in between!

I like that editor...

P.S. This is the zillionth edit.

DonutGuyX

This editor is great! Expect strange things in the future...  http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

budgiedood

Oww, when I click on "new level" it just comes up with a boxy thing which i can move around in. HELP! http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':('>

c-b

gisheditor.txt has the majority (If not all) of the info on gish editing you'll ever need.

Hint: Third line :P

budgiedood

Thanks, i saw it just after i posted  http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':p'>
I still dont get the editor, I'm not really a big computer guy but I'm sure I'll work it out.
Oli