News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Elevator problem

Started by UltraGamer2004, March 01, 2005, 04:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UltraGamer2004

Ok, in gish, when I make an elevator I make an anchor point that connects to the elevator and set the green to 18, the red to 10,
and the blue to 1(so it dosn't go back up when it reachs the bottom.) I add pull pistons from the anchor point to the elevator and then I add a area switch in the elevator that links to the anchor point. Then, when I get to the elevator, it goes down and never comes back... without me going into it! Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong and how I can fix this?

Actually, you need to set Blue to 0.5 to make it stop when it reaches the bottom.
You can try linking the anchor point to the area switch instead of linking the area switch to the anchor point, but I'm not sure if it'll work... I haven't used the Gish editor for a while.

Oh, another thing you can try: instead of making an anchor point below the elevator with a pull piston, you can make an anchor point above the elevator with a push piston.

UltraGamer2004

Quote (DaKiller @ Mar. 02 2005,1:40)
Actually, you need to set Blue to 0.5 to make it stop when it reaches the bottom.
You can try linking the anchor point to the area switch instead of linking the area switch to the anchor point, but I'm not sure if it'll work... I haven't used the Gish editor for a while.

Oh, another thing you can try: instead of making an anchor point below the elevator with a pull piston, you can make an anchor point above the elevator with a push piston.

That's what I did! I didn't put the anchor point under the elevator with pull, I put it above with push! Although I have to try the anchor point linking.

*EDIT* oh yeah, and  the level that I am making the elevator with is the first level of my mine dungeon.