News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

TILE!!! FRANTIC!!! MUST KNOW!!!

Started by capn-blasto, June 08, 2005, 02:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capn-blasto

i need to know how to make the tiles i make intergratable into gish!!!!

sorry, but i have a great idea (have already started) for the the great new epic adventure for gish. pyramid perils

the only problem is that the backdrop is stone and i want to pyramid to be outside!

i have tiles ready to go but i dont know how to have them on the gish game

please help ive been frantice trying to register my account so that i could ask this question and the sooner the better!

capn-blasto

oh also i have a certain tile set, but when i try and create a new level with it it goes back to default,

i have the originall tileset but only when i load the level

how can i save a tile set (give me step by step if you are nice to take the time) and load it when i need to?

Jonathan_NL

Put backgrounds in gish/texture/ as 32-bit targa (how to do that depends on your image editor). Put tiles as 32-bit targa (with a size that is a power of 2, such as 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, etc) in gish/tilexx/texture/textyyy.tga. You'll find them in tileset xx - 1. Selected tiles are stored inside the level so you don't need to distribute those.
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

capn-blasto

i did tat i saved my file as text256 in gish/tile01/texture

its 32x32 and everything! but wheni go into editor and go into edit tile for some reason i cant find it anywhere!

(groan) but hey EDIT: i figured out how to load a tileset! (yay)

now if i can just figure out why this is working

oh and yes i saved it as a TGA

i did everything right but it still didnt work  http://www.pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt='???'>

Jonathan_NL

The first problem is that you saved it as 256. There can be at most 256 tiles numbered 0-255, so 256 is out of range.
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

DemonSlayer

Thanx for asking that that helps me out to.