News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

OS X universal binary support

Started by , March 23, 2006, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obviously the first point on this is the title itself -- I'd love to have native performance for Gish on OSX86.  Is there a timeline for this?

Second, I have kind of a weird issue running it in Rosetta:  It loses registration info.  If I don't run Gish for a while, when I go to run it again I have to re-enter the registration code.  Can one of the developers tell me why this might happen, so that I can mitigate it?

Thanks!

nevyn

I'd like to second the request for Intel/Universal Binary support on the Mac. Even with a 2x2GHz MacBook Pro, running through Rosetta yields a low framerate.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

As for losing your registration information, does this happen every time you restart the game or only once in a while?

Once we are in possession of a Intel machine we will build a version with Intel/Universal Binary support.

nevyn

Quote (Chronic Logic - Josiah @ Aug. 08 2006,4:41)
Once we are in possession of a Intel machine we will build a version with Intel/Universal Binary support.

You're welcome to get an account on my intel machine for ssh access if you want, if that helps.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Thanks for the offer, for security reasons we can't accept, but hopefully we will get a Intel Mac that we can build on.

Jonathan_NL

Actually it can build just fine on a PPC Mac. Testing is the problem.
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

All we have right now is a Mac Mini..  To be able to test properly we will need to get an intel based Mac here at the office.

ghoti

So ... any new developments? That last post is almost a year old now. Any chance for a Universal version of Gish? That would also be a great news item for people to blog about and stuff *hint* *hint* ;)

Chronic Logic - Josiah

I am actually working on the universal binary version right now.  It will probably take a little while to get it all finished up so I expect it will be 2-3 weeks.

ghoti

PathDæmon

Chronic Logic - Josiah

I have just finished a update for BCS including the Universal Binary and the patch for the Garage Games version.  Gish is next.  It should take a couple weeks because there is a lot going on but it will get done!

nlanza

Any news on this?

I'd love to see a UB version of Gish.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Actually we just fixed a bug in the music that was holding up the universal binary version release.  I am just adding paste functionality for entering your registration code and fixing a problem in OSX with entering numbers on some non US keyboards.  Once finished we will be releasing the Gish version 1.5 which will include universal binary support http://pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

nlanza

Ah, great to hear it. Thanks for the update!