News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Quitting takes a long time

Started by , April 20, 2006, 02:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Every time quit Gish, it takes a long time to exit (Between 15 and 30 seconds). I can switch terminals and kill it, but then of couse I do not get a mouse back, and my resolution is bad.

When I am not in fullscreen mode, it quits generally in under 5 seconds, and I can use my computer while it is exiting.

Any ideas?

Chronic Logic - Josiah

You are running OSX?  How much memory does your computer have?

I am running Linux (Ubuntu Dapper) on a Thinkpad T43 with 1GB of RAM. I have an ATI Radeon Mobility M300 with 64MB dedicated video memory.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

That is strange, I am not sure why it would take so long when in full screen mode.  Does Gish run normally other then that?

I have been spending more time playing Gish windowed, and it has the same problem. Rarely, it exits quickly, but usually it takes a long time.

I did notice a problem with mini-gish mode not doing anything, but creating a new player and re-obtaining mini-gish mode again seems to have fixed it.

Other than that, everything works fine.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Have you noticed if the amount of time it takes to quit is related to how long you play?  If you just start up Gish and quit right away does it quit normally?  Make sure your OpenGL, SDL, OpenAL and Vorbis libs are all up to date.

No, there is no connection between playing time and quitting time.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

This bug is fixed in version 1.51, it was a problem with OpenAL.