News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Linux crashes

Started by qwe, August 19, 2006, 06:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qwe

Hi there,

I recently purchased Gish after playing the demo many, many times(and which worked flawlessly, I might add). The full version, however, is highly unstable with sound enabled; it crashes(segfaults) on every level I've tried.

I'm running Gentoo with openal-0.0.8 and freealut-1.1.0, with the LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libalut.so fix mentioned in another thread. Running with no sound makes it playable, but it is by no means a solution to this issue.

I can provide core dumps if desired.

Thanks for your time

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Gish does not crash and runs fine with the sound disabled right?  What about with just sound and no music?

qwe

Correct.
Running with sound but no music also crashes sporadically, and apparently in the same spots in the game(don't recall any particular spots right now though).

qwe

Right at the beginning of level 3-4 is one of the spots where it crashes even if I have music disabled. I have to completely disable sound to be able to play it.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Have you tried reinstalling your openal-0.0.8 and freealut-1.1.0 or running with another version?

qwe

reinstalling didn't fix the problem, and I can't use an older version because a) my distribution(gentoo) doesn't provide an older version and b) I use other apps that depend on 0.0.8(e.g. blender).

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Here are the files that Gish is looking for, if you also install 0.0.7 it should work:

libopenal.so.0.0.7
libvorbis.so.0.3.0
libogg.so.0.5.0

If needed I can post a link to them.