News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Bugs

Started by Chronic Logic - Josiah, November 01, 2006, 09:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Did you encounter any bugs, if so please list in detail and any descriptions about how they happened and if they can be recreated.  If the game wont start at all please include the following information:

CPU:
Memory:
Video card:
Video Memory:
Sound:

Including your dxdiag info is a good way to do this.

AndySchatz

-Alt-tab crashes the game (Not a hard crash, Task Manager still seeing the program as running)

-Music still plays when I alt-tab out

-Alt-enter doesn't work, what if I want to play in a window?

Specs: Windows XP SP2
Del 3.4Ghz 1GB RAM
Video: NVidia GeForce 6800 256 MB VRAM

lnoll

I too am getting sound on an ALT + TAB.

I believe I also found an issue with the hunter on "auto fight".  I was on the Ogre (3rd round) on easy.  I had One hunter, three warriors and a priest out.  I had the hunter on "auto" but she was just wondering around the Ogre and it didn't look like she was doing anything.

lnoll

I keep running into an issue with the warrior taunt.  It doesn't show that it is on cooldown, but I can't select it and target someone.  Usually, this happens after the first time I have taunted someone.  I can usually taunt on two different characters and then it gets stuck for the third taunt.

TonyP

CPU: AMD 2700
Memory: 1G
Video card: ATI 9500
Video Memory: 512MB
Sound: Onboard

When you turn off music in the menu and then start a game you get this loud static noise at the very beginning. It's very short, but we've tried it on another machine here as well. with similar specs. AMD machine but like a 2200. It sounds like the music tries to start but then cuts off all distorted.

TonyP

Not a bug, but the Archer's Speed ability has the word "trippled" which should be "tripled".

TonyP

On the latest build Beta 130 there I ran into a problem with the continue campaign again. The night before I got to Level 2 Round 2 and then quit. This morning I fire up skirmish mode since it unlocked. After beating 6 rounds of that I click on Campaign, then on Continue Campaign. Loading screen, nifty new progress meter, then "Initializing" then back to menu. I click on Campaign > Continue Campaign and get the same result. So I restart KE and go straight to Campaign > Continue Campaign and again...loading screen, menu screen.

Also, when I was playing skirmish mode (all random parameters) I got to round 6 where I had tons of money but only the swordy, archer, cleric to cast. So I pull out 5 swordys, 4 archers, and I have money for a Cleric or two and it won't let me pull him out. I try to bring in another swrd or archer (since I have enough gold still) but it stops there. Is there a 9 unit total cap or something? I just reloaded and tried it again, it stops me from bringing out more than 9. Is that a hold over from the old 3 unit cap that's still in play?

Liberator

I'll look into that first bug.

Yes, a 9 unit cap is in place. This is to save frame rate, memory and so the killer new 2d unit selection interface fits in the bar.

lnoll

I am not getting the character voices.  Computer spec is in available in the "computer spec" thread.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Which version are you running?  Did you uninstall the last version before installing this one?  Are the rest of your sounds working?  When did this start happeneing?

lnoll

I am currently running Beta version 124 (this was my first install, clean).  I have never heard the voices.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Humm, try uninstalling and installing the newest version (131).  The link is in the Download the beta topic in this forum.  You have some kind of built in sound?  Have you ever installed drivers for your sound card?

lnoll

Doh!  I must have turned off the sounds when messing with the options when I first started.

* slinks away *

Although, I did just get the game to hang.  I continued a game, placed a bunch of heros and then quit before starting the round.  It didn't seem to like that.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Get version 131, there were a LOT of bugs fixed http://pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

Just started on Beta 131 and haven't even gotten into the game proper yet. I'm stuck on the tutorial. I get to the point where the narrator is describing why you would want a Taunt skill, but the characters in the scene haven't been displayed, and the following happens:

Kingdom Elemental display disappears and I see my desktop.
A small window appears, titled "Error!" and saying "Memory access violation", with an OK button.
The narrator goes on about how the archer is going to die if you don't save her from the kobold.
After he's done, birds chirp.

I can go back into Kingdom Elemental, but it's completely frozen. If I click the OK button, Kingdom Elemental quits.

CPU: 1.7ghz P4
Memory: 1024mb
Video card: GeForce 4 Ti4200
Video Memory: 64mb
Sound: yes, have sound

Other random comments, while I'm at it:
Lots of typos in the tutorial (text doesn't match speech - speech is good though, entertaining).
No obvious way to advance through the tutorial besides completing instructions quickly.
Clicking in random meaningless places gives the "thunk" sound that you'd expect from clicking on something real. This includes on the two splash screens at the beginning, which I want to click past after seeing them only once (I usually click past splash screens before they even display).
Clicking the scroll wheel and dragging is like right-clicking. I expected it to be a zoom function: drag towards you to zoom out, away from you to zoom in. Much easier to zoom quickly and precisely this way.