News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

Other Feedback:

Started by Chronic Logic - Josiah, November 02, 2006, 05:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chronic Logic - Josiah

If you think of something else no covered feel free to post it here.

noraa58

The story was awesome. The dialogue was well written and humorous. Your writer is excellent. He is a sexy beast too. http://pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':D'>

AndySchatz

The story was ok, though there were some grammatical mistakes in the intro (I'm a nitpicker, my mom has written two grammar textbooks).

I would have like to have just been given more unlock points instead of having the units automatically unlock between chapters.

It's probably too late for this, but adding more passive specials for the character would have been nice, then you could really customize your army with the unlocks.

Rosty

The music is a little loud even on the lowest setting. Is it possible to have a slider instead of 3 settings for volume?

NathanS

One thing that irritated me in part was the unit selection.

I found that often times when a 'brawl' is going on (or where a number of units are all close together) that it is difficult to select just one of those units so I can use his spells. It seems that when I try, I often end up telling a unit to move by accident. This tensd to mess up my strategy. This could just be the case for me, too, as I enjoy trying to win it all in real time (without pausing). With that, I'd be curious to know just how many people use the pause. If people do, perhaps a real-time bonus could be given (or perhaps something along the opposite if you want to encourage pauses).

I'd be curious if anyone has had similar issue with the units and mis-clicking ending with a move instead. I have a few ideas on how to solve this.

Rosty

Quote from: NathanS,Nov. 06 2006,3:34
I'd be curious if anyone has had similar issue with the units and mis-clicking ending with a move instead. I have a few ideas on how to solve this.

I experience this a lot too, but I'm always pausing. It's still slightly annoying even with pause though. I'm trying to get into the habit of right clicking to deselect before selecting a unit so that I don't accidentally move other units anymore.

noraa58

Yeah I pause often. And right-click to deselect just as often. Both are effective measures to stop giving incorrect orders.

lnoll

I agree with NathanS, I am finding it difficult to move the units around.

Here are my comments on the installation:
-  Remove the confirmation dialog that "The destination directory doesn't exist.  Do you want it to be created?" when it is about to create the new directory.
- Exiting the installation did not clean up all files (may have been due to the failed installation, not sure).
- It would be nice to be able to copy/paste the key code into the text area.

lnoll

I would have liked the opening sequence to not cover the art you had produced.  Would it be possible to make it half screen so I can see the image coming up?

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Tutorial Feedback Posted by lnoll (moved):

- Give a little bit more time before "taunt" in tutorial.  I was finding myself trying to understand and re-reading what to do and the taunt would start.  Since I really was trying to figure out what to do, it was really starting to grate on me.
- Bug?  I didn't have any money listed for the sword unit when I was asked to buy him.  I was still able to buy him.  I tried to "sell him back" but was unable to do so.
- The end sequence: I am a girl, so the guy joke at the end was annoying.
- The end sequence: I was ready to go play the game and the end of the tutorial was too long, I thought that it might have been a bug where I couldn't find the exit to the tutorial and it was a "taunt", so I found the ending to be grating and a little insulting.
- As I was playing the game, I realized I really could have used a healing tutorial.
- It would be nice to be able to have a quick reference from the escape menu for some common questions/movement reminders (I keep forgetting that right click allows me to pan).
- I also could have used a little tutorial lesson that there would be waves of guys and that you can see that at the top.  Perhaps I underestimated the strength of the Kolbold army there at the beginning, but I was a little surprised on the first fight when more came out of the barn.

ZeroG

Upon clicking the exe, i get this longer than usual black screen pause. Add  _something_ to show people on slower systems that the game did not crash. More face-time for the logos maybe.

lnoll

Some features I think I might like:

- I would like to have all the characters in the
display area of the bottom, just like you get when you select a group.  If I click on one of these characters, it would select them.  I am having a hard time clicking on individual characters, and I think this might help me.  Additionally, it will help me monitor everyone's health a little better.

- When I click on a character, I would like to see what they are attacking.  Something along the lines of: I click a warrior a green circle appears under them (like today) and a red circle appears under the target they are attacking.  I use pause a ton, and I am mostly thinking about using it during there.

- Would it be possible for the healers to move with the warriors on the inital charge (maybe this is only for easy)?  It would position them far enough away to not get hit, but close enough to heal.  This may be just a sign that I am having a hard time positioning guys around.

- I am unsure how to get a character to stop moving to a location without moving them somewhere else.  Is it possible to give them a halt command?  

- Why is the hunter "Fire Arrow" not available at the start?  Is this a bug or do they autoshoot this?

noraa58

Fire arrow is an active skill. You have to unlock it, wait for its cooldown and select a target. It is an added 1-shot, not a perminant increase in dmg. I agree on the halt command, something like "s" key.

Liberator

Inoll:

- When I click on a character, I would like to see what they are attacking.  Something along the lines of: I click a warrior a green circle appears under them (like today) and a red circle appears under the target they are attacking.  I use pause a ton, and I am mostly thinking about using it during there.

That is exaclty how it currently is. Did you just not notice the red ring around the hero's target?

NathanS

To go along similar with Inoll's idea, which could be a solution to the difficulty I mentioned:

With each character you place on the map, a small hud could be placed on the right (or bottom) side of your screen that is representative of that character. To select a character, you can either click on them, or click on their avatar on the hud. The hud could flash very faintly while attacking and things of that sort.

I think having that hud would allow for quicker movement and an easier means of selecting characters to use their spells. Also perhaps having the spells linked to hotkeys. Either a general hotkey for each spell slot a character has when they're selected (Eg: all characters have 3 spells, so 1 could be activate spell 1, 2 spell 2, and 3 spell 3 for that selected character).

Another question- Does the mouse icon change when you move it over an enemy? Though a small thing, having the mouse icon change from a kind of general "move" command to an "attack" command when over an enemy unit could also reduce the number of mis-clicks.