Overall impressions of Kingdom Elemental

Started by Chronic Logic - Josiah, November 10, 2006, 12:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chronic Logic - Josiah

CaseyC

it SOUNDS amazing! ^_^

Seriously tho, it's come a long way. Having beat it already I'm looking forward to expansions!

Quick games, (addition of "continue campaign") makes it very easy to pick up and bash some baddies when you have some free time, go back to work or whatever, and come back later. Probably the best feature to be added so far... (Wheres my unlock refund damnit!?!?!?! ;D)

AndySchatz

Loved it, played through the whole thing.  The right balance between strategy, experimentation, and luck.

Liberator

Casey - The unlock refund was added like 3 builds ago! Maybe if you actually lost the round once in a while you would see it in action http://pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':D'>

Andy - Thanks man. You will be happy to know we have changed the cleric's voice, to a now (still very funny) toattly PC voice that coulden't offend the pope himself. (or elton john as the case might be) http://pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

TonyP

I think it's a fantastic blending of RTS and Turn Based Strategy games. No longer are you hampered by how fast you can click on the little unit to get him to attack the right thing. The faster the player learns the shortcuts doesn't mean they will be abandoning real time pause anytime soon. It's a fantastic element which balances the playing field with those who are quick to think, and those who take time with their moves.

ZeroG

KE is a striaght blast to play. I'm a huge fan of the older turn based rts and rpg games. I miss playing those games for i have hardly any free time, and most of them require a ton of free time to absorb vast story lines and game worlds.
KE is absolutly perfect for those who love the turn based action, but may not be able to commit a huge chunk of time to play them.  All the fun, none of the burden of the larger titles. THANKS!
p.s. My wife is hooked for the same reasons.