Stuck on level 2 (undead) final round (boss)

Started by ljw1004, December 16, 2006, 11:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljw1004

It looks like this is the first post in the Kingdom Elemental forums! So thank you to the authors: I'm enjoying it. Also I liked what happens when you keep playing past the end of the tutorial http://pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

I'm completely stuck on level 2 (undead) final round (big bad boss). Does anyone have tactics or advice please? It seems I just can't kill him quickly enough -- whenever it looks like I'm making headway, he'll "drain soul" from one of my fighters and so heal himself faster than I can inflict damage.

So I figure the answer has to be to damage him faster than he can heal himself. But how? I've tried casting Strength on my fighters in addition to the bard song Speed, but even that's not enough. I tried entangling him in vines but he's invulnerable. Also invulnerable to Fear.

Thanks in advance for any hints!

ljw1004

Well, I did it! Four archers, one bard and a fighter. All four archers just stood back to shoot arrows (and Fire whenever possible). The bard played Speed. And the fighter ran around taunting like the knight from Monty Python.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Nice, I have never beat the Dread Knight that way. I normally use a druid and swordsmen, plus healer and some other damage units.  I keep the thorn shield up on the swordsmen and keep him taunting the Dread Knight and any Skeletons that are summoned.

TonyP

On easy I was able to use enough archers to get him down. But on Normal and Hard I couldn't find any other way that to use the Druid's Thorn Shield on a Swordsman and keep healing him with Cleric. Spend the rest on Archers If anyone has any different configurations let me know!

Samhain

I used two Bards (1 Heal & 1 War song), one Cleric, and the rest Swordsmen. Just taunt like crazy and keep the skells pounding on your swordsmen. Also, it's advisable to keep your bards between the enemy and your cleric, as they can actually take a good bit of damage if some unexpected danger pops up.