Kingdom Elemental Patch

Started by Chronic Logic - Josiah, April 20, 2007, 01:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Botul

Tested 1.4 now

Still got random "memory access violation" after Victory message when it start loading new battle.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

What type of video card and operating system do you have? Does it happen every time or just sometimes.  Is there anything you can do to cause the crash or prevent it?  I will have a new version for you to try in the next couple days.

Botul

System
Athlon 64 3200+
2G ram
GForce 7800 GS (agp) newest drivers
Windows Vista 32bit Home premium

And no. I havent found a way to prevent the error. it happens quite frequently when loading next battle after winning last one.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Did you get a chance to try the new version?

Sarcerok

Heya, just started messing around with KE last night, had a lot of fun. I found the 1.3 version very hard. In particular, as some of you have mentioned already, some of the fights require a particular mix of units to succeed and that is fine if you can just reshuffle your units after restarting that round, but if you don't have the right units unlocked then you are kinda out of luck.

As far as bugs go, I noticed that bosses in particular seem to ignore taunt, or respond to it only briefly. That they sometimes respond but only briefly makes me think that maybe taunt has been set up to do a certain amount of "fake damage" as far as aggro goes and once another unit exceeds this with real damage they get the aggro anyways. Most units die so fast vs. bosses that this creates real problems. I think the solution would be to make the "fake damage" per taunt a little bit higher if you do not want to make it 100% taunt.

I got the memory access violation problem once but have not reproduced it. The only thing unusual about that event was that I was away from the computer, maybe alt tabbed, for over an hour then when I came back it crashed soon after I started. Perhaps a memory leak or misallocation aggravated by task switching?

Because it is hard to go back and test crashes, and more importantly because you can get stuck with the wrong unlock point allocations I would suggest that in campaign mode you generate an auto save after each full round so that a player can back track as far as needed and try different choices and strategies.

Some of the other issues I had apparently are already addressed in 1.4 so I won't bring them up.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

I sent you a PM with information on getting the pre-release version 1.4 for testing.

Sarcerok

I'm on it. I was fighting the Ogre and he got a lucky hit off on one of my soldiers and dropped him as I was trying to heal him. He says "nice heal" as he eats dirt. I had to pause it and take a 5 minute break to regain my composure it was so funny. I used to have the first L50 cleric on my EQ play server so while I didn't miss a heal too often, when I did I usually heard a quip like that one and it really caught me off guard lol!

Anyways I seem to have found  a reproducable memory access violation. Play at least a round then hit the "Pause" button at top (instead of hitting spacebar) and that seems to do it for me (reproduced). Oh and the new voice lines for the archer are hilarious also http://pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt=':)'>

Sarcerok

Necromancer "Skeleton" ability still does not work sometimes. I had one skeleton up so I should have been able to make another. Power discharged, corpse disappeared, no skeleton.

More importantly, and annoyingly, the halt button still does nothing.

Chronic Logic - Josiah

Good catch on the play button, we will get that fixed.  I could not reproduce the Necro summon bug.  It is possible to have two necros both target the same body and both their summon spells will go off, the body will disappear and one skeleton will appear but it will reset the timer for both the necros summons skills.  Is it possible that was what happened?

Chronic Logic - Josiah

New version is up with that crash fixed.  Its in the same location, check it out if you have time.