News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

help me!

Started by zeldalover123, January 06, 2008, 01:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeldalover123

o.k. i have a few questions. how do you make walls that, when a button is pushed, goes up, like in level 1-1? how do you make chains for the zip line? how do you hook up a button or swich to an anchor? is there a guide to this?!?!
you will all bow before me!!!! you'll see!!! YOU'LL SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PM me if you want to be my slave! (or to get my attention)

zeldalover123

plz post something! i need loads of help!
you will all bow before me!!!! you'll see!!! YOU'LL SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PM me if you want to be my slave! (or to get my attention)

Chronic Logic - Josiah

The level editor is not officially supported, but check out this topic for some help, and search through the rest of the Gish editor forum:

http://pontifex2.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=31;t=678" target="_blank">http://pontifex2.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=31;t=678

zeldalover123

they helped a little, but i need to learn how to construct things. every time i hook a block to an anchor, it ether falls on its own or doesn't fall at all!

Jonathan_NL

Maybe it helps if you don't build towards a goal at first, but just play around with simple mechanisms. Once you have a better grasp you might find that you can build things that work as intended.
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

zeldalover123

what does a pull piston do? does it move something up or towards the anchor it's attached to? i'm stumped here!

Chronic Logic - Josiah

A piston will just expand or contract, what else it does depends on what you hook it up to.

Jonathan_NL

There is really only one type of piston. The difference is the initial phase. The cycle looks like:
push: contracted, about to expand
half-push: expanding at full speed
pull: expanded, about to contract
half-pull: contracting at full speed
Frequency, amplitude, and duration can be adjusted as described in gisheditor.txt.

Say, you create a push piston from object A to object B. If you set object A's color to red/amplitude=3 green/wavelength=2 and blue/duration=0.5, the push piston will grow 3 units in 1 second (0.5 wavelengths), after which it stops in expanded state.
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

zeldalover123

ahhh! i got it now!  thanks!

zeldalover123

just 1 last thing...i take two shapes and put a chain in between them for the zip line...it doesn't work! am i doing it correctly?

Jonathan_NL

Not sure what you mean by zip line, or "doesn't work". In detail, what are your intentions, what did you try to achieve it, and what are the results?

zeldalover123

o.k. i made two blocks by useing the object editor. next, i use the rope editor to make a chain between them. i then put a zip line carrier(wheel and chassis connected) on it. the result is the zip line falls and the carrier breaks. my goal is to get the zip line to hold together and the carrier to slide down it and carry gish over to the other side.

Jonathan_NL

Something like cave7.lvl? The chains there are connected to anchors, not blocks. If it's the chain breaking, consider using a heavy chain or subjecting it to smaller forces

zeldalover123

thx that helped me a lot!