News:

Zatikon is back and free to play! https://www.chroniclogic.com/zatikon.htm

Main Menu

level subbmit????

Started by zeldalover123, January 06, 2008, 01:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeldalover123

how do you share the levels you make?
you will all bow before me!!!! you'll see!!! YOU'LL SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PM me if you want to be my slave! (or to get my attention)

Chronic Logic - Josiah

zeldalover123

how do you get the link?
you will all bow before me!!!! you'll see!!! YOU'LL SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PM me if you want to be my slave! (or to get my attention)

Jonathan_NL

Upload it somewhere on the web. If you already have web hosting, great. Otherwise you have to find some. You could look at Google Pages or similar free hosting services. There are also 'file farms' out there like Rapidshare, Megaupload, Yousendit, and a few hundred others. Those often bomb you with ads. If you go that route, I'd choose one that doesn't require the downloader to register. I don't know too many of these services but this should get you started.

It might also be possible to get an email address from CL and send the level as an attachment, but that's their decision.
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

zeldalover123

i have the web thing,but when i look in the level folder, my levels are not there!

Jonathan_NL

They should be there. Are you sure you didn't simply fail to see them in the middle of the other levels?
I rarely check this forum anymore. Feel free to send me a PM if you want my attention.

zeldalover123

yes the only levels that are there are the ones i tried to download to put on the game.

Jonathan_NL

Then you're probably looking in the wrong folder. EVERY level including the levels that come with the game should be there. Just in case: the folder is named "level", not "levels", and is located inside the Gish folder.

zeldalover123

i'm trying to think what could have gone wrong! i looked in the right folder! but strangely, when i save to the level folder, i see them all!http://pontifex2.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif" border="0" valign="absmiddle" alt='???'>

Jonathan_NL

Strange. Wild guess: did the .lvl extension stay the same? Is there no hidden extension added by the program that downloaded it? In Gish don't see any campaigns in the level list or vice versa, so I assume it only shows files that really end with .lvl or .gmp.

zeldalover123

i look and saw zip files. i took them out and tried that. didn't work. there are no hidden extentions. any ideas?

SimpleLizard

hmmm, didn't happen to me. don't have a clue
I have no siggy :P